Are you between 18-24 and looking to develop your skills in the film and digital industry? Eastside is excited to be recruiting participants to our rebranded professional development opportunity, Eastside Studios.
Eastside Studios is a unique, free programme that will build your knowledge and skills in digital media and moving image production. By the end of the course you will have developed your technical knowledge, CV, showreel, professional networks and gained valuable insights from industry professionals. The programme offers focussed learning experiences in a professional and supportive environment and key opportunities to develop your own creative voice.
This programme has been designed to support early career filmmakers develop their skills and build their networks, and has a particular focus on young people who are experiencing barriers to entry to the industry. We particularly encourage applications from candidates who feel that they don’t see themselves represented widely in the industry – whether by ethnicity, gender, sexuality, socio-economic background or disability.
You will work on in house digital media production projects, commissioned projects to a range of audiences and professional clients as well as bringing your own ideas to life.
Watch previous Eastside Studio commissions below:
All activities on the programme are professionally supported and Eastside will protect the intellectual property of the content created, ensuring that the participants are appropriately credited.
You will be supported through the commissioning process, learning how to work with clients and commissioners in a variety of different working environments.
- You will develop live streaming and event filming silks and portfolios as well as developing self-led projects.
- You will develop interview skills and specific industry techniques.
- You will be supported by a professional filmmaking mentor and by the end the course have at least three pieces of work to add to your showreel.
- You will have access to Eastside’s Editing suite during and outside of project commissions support your creative work outside of the programme.
Important information for applicants:
- Eastside commits to paying an entry level fee when working on project commissions and any location filming expenses.
- Eastside has a small bursary budget for travel or childcare expenses to remove financial barriers to participation on the training days.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 – 24.
- Applicants should not be currently studying on a film or digital media degree.
- We strongly encourage applications from a range of backgrounds.
- Participants should be able to contribute to the programme an average of 3 days / month between January 2022 – June 2022.