We are currently accepting applications from Primary and SEND schools from the following London boroughs: Barnet, Brent, Camden, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Kensington & Chelsea, and the Cities of London and Westminster, with the possibility to expand.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 15th December.
How to apply
- Please download and complete the Application Questions.
- Once completed, please fill in our quick Application Form here, making sure you upload the Application Questions when prompted.
Participating Schools Receive
- A Creative Planning Meeting between the School’s Lead contact (‘Creative Champion’), Eastside’s Schools Programme Manager, and the artist in residence to plan creative project details.
- Up to two teacher spaces at our Creative Teacher CPD Workshop exploring creative approaches to the curriculum.
- A Whole School Assembly kicking off the creative project.
- An Animation, Drama, Spoken Word Poetry or Singing Artist in Residence at their school for 6 weeks, delivering interactive workshops supporting students to work towards a shared creative piece.
- A ‘rehearsal week’ where schools and the students can prepare for the festival.
- A final celebratory Creative School Festival, hosted by their artist in residence, where all KS2 students will showcase their creative pieces to the wider school community, including all school staff and parents.
Download the application materials below.
Frequently asked questions
Is my school eligible?
We accept applications from Primary and SEND schools from the following London boroughs: Barnet, Brent, Camden, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Kensington & Chelsea and the Cities of London and Westminster.
This programme is aimed at KS2 classes.
As a teacher, how will I be involved?
At the start of the programme, Eastside coordinates a Creative Planning meeting for schools and artists and teachers will be invited to attend a Creative Teacher CPD.
Teachers will be required to liaise with Eastside and their artist to coordinate the 6 weeks of workshops, rehearsal week and Creative Festival in their school as part of the project.
The Eastside team and the artist in residence provide schools and teachers with substantial support throughout the project.
How long does the programme last?
The programme runs across an 8 week period in school in the Summer term, with the Creative Teacher CPD taking place beforehand.
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline is Friday 15th December 2023.
You can expect to hear back from us in early January.
Got a question?
Feel free to reach out to our team below with any other questions you might have, or give us a ring to speak to us in person, on 020 7033 2380.