Aspiring filmmakers will get the opportunity to deepen their knowledge of filmmaking through a series of workshops and masterclasses, in which they will get the chance to learn from, and work with, leading industry professionals through Eastside’s BFI Film Academy programme.
Over the course of the programme, students can expect to gain invaluable insights into the skills and qualities needed to succeed in the British film industry, whilst honing their practical filmmaking skills. Students will also professionally collaborate with young screenwriters and work in small crews to produce their own 5-minute short films.
As a student on the course you can expect to:
• Receive practical training in cinematography, directing, producing, distribution as well as the lesser known roles within film production including sound design and art department
• Meet a range of professionals in the industry and to hear invaluable advice based on their experience
• Work towards achieving your Silver Arts Award, a level 2 qualification
• Get your short films premiered at a professional arts venue
• Meet like-minded individuals with a passion for film and start building your filmmaking network
The BFI Course dates are between Sat 19th October 2019 and Saturday 15th February 2020. You must be able to attend all sessions unless agreed in advance.
Sat 19/10/2019, Tues 22/10/19, Weds 23/10/19, Thurs 24/10/19, Fri 25/10/19, Sat 2/11/19, Sat 9/11/19, Sat 16/11/19, Sat 23/11/19, Sat 30/11/19, Sat 7/12/19, Sat 18/01/20, Sat 25/01/20, Sat 1/02/20, Sat 8/02/20, Thur 13/02/20 (evening) – TBC, Sat 15/02/20