About BFI Film Academy
Delivered at over 50 locations across the UK and supported by the Department for Education, National Lottery, Screen Scotland and Northern Ireland Screen. Introductory hands-on filmmaking courses build knowledge and skills and show the different pathways into the industry.
For talented and committed young people aged 16-19, these short courses have an excellent track record of inspiring the next generation of filmmakers and crew.
BFI Film Academy at Eastside
Aspiring filmmakers will get the opportunity to deepen their knowledge of filmmaking through a series of workshops and masterclasses, in which they will get the chance to learn from, and work with, leading industry professionals through Eastside’s BFI Film Academy programme.
Over the course of the programme, students can expect to gain invaluable insights into the skills and qualities needed to succeed in the British film industry, whilst honing their practical filmmaking skills. Students will also professionally collaborate with young screenwriters and work in small crews to produce their own 3 to 5 minute short films.
As a student on the course you can expect to:
• Receive practical training in cinematography, directing, producing, distribution as well as the lesser-known roles within film production including sound design and art department
• Meet a range of professionals in the industry and to hear invaluable advice based on their experience
• Work towards achieving your Silver Arts Award, a level 2 qualification
• Get your short films premiered at a professional arts venue
• Meet like-minded individuals with a passion for film and start building your filmmaking network
Eastside’s BFI course is COVID Secure. Training sessions will take place within small groups, accompanied by online sessions and safely managed filming days all of which will be outlined to students on the first day of the course.
For all course enquiries, please email email@example.com
9am 21st September 2020 (we are, however, encouraging applicants to apply as early as possible)
24th, 29th,30th September (via Zoom) from 3.30-7.30pm
Either Saturday 14/11/20 OR Sunday 15/11/20
Either Saturday 21/11/20 OR Sunday 22/11/2020