This funded programme will support participating primary schools to use 2 art forms of their choice to address school improvement goals, unlock the joy of learning and develop key academic and personal skills. Through meaningful partnerships with Eastside’s facilitators, the programme aims to provide schools with opportunities to embed the arts in the heart of school life through interactive workshops, high quality creative CPD, and wider sharing opportunities in Shoreditch to raise aspirations of pupils and engage the wider school community with a sense of pride and achievement.
Participating schools will receive:
- A consultation meeting with Eastside’s Schools Programme Manager to audit current provision and map out partnership plan
- A Creative Planning Meeting between artists in residence and the lead teacher at the school to plan creative project details
- Two artists in residence at the school, in an art form of each school’s choice, delivering:
- 2 x 2- hour CPD sessions
- 4 x days of creative workshops teaching every class in the school new artistic skills By the end of these workshops, the artist in residence will hand over to class teachers to continue teaching the children their new artistic skills and prepare for sharing
- Support for class teachers in preparing for sharing events
- An in-school sharing event showcasing new creative skills
- A sharing at Eastside’s Festival of Youth Creativity alongside other local schools.
- A short film about the school’s creative journey created by Eastside’s Film Crew.
We are currently accepting applications from Hoxton and Shoreditch Primary schools.
Deadline for applications is Friday 18th October 2019