ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE
This funded programme will support 12 participating primary and SEND schools to use an art form of their choice to address school improvement goals, unlock the joy of learning and develop key academic and personal skills.
Through meaningful partnerships with Eastside Artists, the programme will aim to provide schools with opportunities to embed the arts in the heart of school life. Using interactive workshops, high quality creative CPD sessions and in-school sharing opportunities the project aims to raise aspirations of pupils and engage the wider school community with a sense of pride and achievement.
Participating Schools Will Receive:
- A Creative Planning Meeting between the Lead contact (‘Creative Champion’), Eastside’s Schools Programme Manager, and the artist in residence to plan creative project details
- Up to 2 spaces at our Creative Teacher CPD Workshop exploring creative approaches to the curriculum
- A Whole School Assembly kicking off the creative project and getting the whole school excited.
- An Animation, Drama, Spoken Word Poetry or Singing Artist in Residence at their school for 6 weeks, delivering interactive workshops supporting students to work towards a shared creative piece.
- A ‘rehearsal week’ where they and the students can prepare for the festival.
- A final celebratory Creative School Festival, hosted by their artist in residence, where all KS2 students will showcase their creative pieces with the wider school community, including all school staff and parents.
We are currently accepting applications from Primary and SEND schools from the following London boroughs: Brent, Camden, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Kensington & Chelsea, and the Cities of London and Westminster.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on 16th November.